Sunday, August 12, 2012

Banish Raccoon Eyes Forever

 I had no choice but to apply concealer under my eyes so I wouldn't send the mortals running for the hills with my zombie under-eye circles. Let's fast forward to 2012, I have no dark circles underneath my eyes. At times, I'll have the sporadic occurrence of raccoon eyes, but that's only when I slept for less than six hours. The following lifestyle changes kicked my dark circles to the wayside:


Eat Pretty

The old adage "you are what you eat" is true. If you eat plenty of colorful foods such as dark leafy greens, fruit, and nuts your body will thank you with a clearer and brighter complexion. My favorite nuts to snack on are Almonds; they are not only good for your body but are full of vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps prevent cellular damage, wrinkles, and aging. This vitamin also makes your skin more supple. Almonds, Walnuts, Avocados, and Olive Oil are excellent sources of vitamin E. At the very least, take a vitamin E supplement daily. 

Water, Water, Oh Yeah...MORE WATER!

There's a slew of information circulating the web about the health benefits of water,however, it has the best beauty benefit--clear skin. Water flushes all of the toxins out of your body leaving you with a pristine complexion. I drink about 10 glasses daily.

Magic, Creams, and Potions 




There are many products on the market that promise to banish under eye circles. None worked for me, outside of a good skincare regimen. Even though I no longer have a shadow of darkness under my eyes, I still love to brighten my under eyes. I don't know maybe I adore Nicki Minaj's makeup a little too much.  Want to get that "brightening effect" that you see on the red carpet? Look out for that tutorial this week!

What under eye circle treatments worked for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment