Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Beauty Made As Simple As 1-2-3

The summer is the perfect time to pay close attention to your skin. The higher the humidity  the least likely you are to wear makeup. Beauty addicts such as myself still feel the need to wear makeup in the heat, but there is a way of enhancing your beauty in a warmer climate without your face melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. The following products are ALL you need to have a fresh naturally dewy look for the summer!

1. Good Skincare Regimen 


The first step to having the best application of any product is to start off with a good canvas ahem...your face. Everyone's skin is different,however, I absolutely love Aveeno and Cetaphil's products because they are fragrance free and hypoallergenic. I wash my face with Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser and apply Cetaphil's moisturizer daily before and after makeup application. It's a good habit to exfoliate your face once a week; exfoliation removes dead skin cells and clears your pores of all impurities. By consistently cleansing, moisturizing, and exfoliating your face on the regular basis, your skin tone will be clearer and acne-free.



2. Water Proof Mascara 


Oh mascara...a small cylinder of mushy goodness that packs a  punch to any look. I feel naked without it. Mascara gives you a certain je nais se quoi even if it's the only product on your face. The beautiful thing about waterproof mascara is that it will never run and can withstand intense humidity. My favorite WP mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. Every time I wear this product people always think I'm wearing lash extensions. Yes it's that dope! For a fun summer look check out colored mascaras;these are perfect for people who are looking for a subtle pop of color. 

3. Lip Balm 


Keep those lips kissable with your favorite lip balm. I love using tinted lip moisturizers because they hydrate your lips and give a hint of color. My favorite is Wet 'n' Wild's lip balm in Raspberry. 

*BONUS*


BRONZER

 I am in love with bronzer! There's a bronzer for every skin type. Oily skin? Try using a powder bronzer such as  MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish in Gold Deposit. If you have dry or combination skin, such as myself, you will do best with a cream or (for summer) liquid bronzer. The best liquid bronzer on the market is Smash Box's Artificial Light which is light-weight and can be mixed with moisturizer or foundation to get that "illuminated within look." It's a bit on the pricey side at $26.00, but a little goes a long way. For the most natural look, it's best to apply this product where the sun naturally hits your face which is on the forehead, chin and on top of cheek bones.










This is my first blog post. I would LOVE to receive feedback about the type of posts that interest you the most. Product reviews? Video Tutorials? Or just keep you guessing? Sound off! 





4 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I have dark circles under my eyes. How can I cover them up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah..lol...I have a friend who has blemishes on her face. (not laughing at her blemishes but the fact that I have so many questions! Lol! ) She is caramel complected but would like a Beyonce'hue, as far as complexion goes, and it has to be a light, moisturizing cover up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, lol!! Can you do a video tutorial for the under eye make up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL In re: to your friend with the blemishes tell her to use Ambi's complexion bar or she can purchase Murad's Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum.

    As far as covering up dark circles I will post a tutorial on that tomorrow! Thanks for the blog ideas lady.

    ReplyDelete